Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.
- Jean Paul Richter


countdown to 4-0

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Being Woman (269 Days to 40)

365-self~portraits each from the month of January to June

Change always comes bearing gifts.
Price Pritchett
It's that time of the month, and that is the reason for this backdated blog (please follow the link for a background story of this tag).

This year is the most "regular" of my cycles, and I have indirectly documented it through 365-self~portraits.  Somehow there is a comforting feeling with seeing clearly how those cycles do come, and does go, and the crazies are only fleeting!

I've also appreciated that somehow the move here in our new home, all those major changes have contributed to the regularity of these cycles, and with it, somehow a bit more structure to the chaos I normally experience.

The quotes I have used to accompany most of my 365-self~portraits, have also been helpful in making me realise that I can in time of the crazies change my focus by concentrating on creative projects.

One of my favourite is from Alan Alda ~
Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you are doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment